Clear Holds Shelf
Staff should regularly check their holds shelves to be sure that items that have not been picked up within the allotted amount of time are checked back in and either reshelved or placed in transit so that other library patrons may have access to them.
- Log in to the Evergreen Staff Client.
- Click on Circulation.
- Click on Browse Holds Shelf. Please note that it may take a few moments to load.
- The list you see should match the books that are actually present on your holds shelf. If the books on your holds shelf are arranged by the patron's name, use the column picker to add the Patron Last Name column to your view, then click on the column header to sort. You may print this list using the Print button on the bottom-left of the screen.
- Determine which items should be pulled off of the holds shelf.
- If you check the View Clearable Holds box, it will show you which items have been on the holds shelf for more than 7 days. It will take a few moments to refresh the screen.
- The Available On column displays the date that the item was actually placed on the holds shelf.
- Each library system may determine how many days to allow their own items to remain on the holds shelf. However, PINES policy states that held items belonging to a different library system should not be held for more than 7 days.
- Pull the selected items off of your holds shelf and check them in using the Check In screen with the 'Clear Holds Shelf' Checkin Modifier selected to cancel the current hold and place the items back into circulation. (On the Check In screen, press the Checkin Modifiers button on the bottom-right of the screen and select Clear Holds Shelf.)
- If you have checked the View Clearable Holds box and you press the Clear These Holds button, the current holds for the listed items are all cancelled at once, but their item status will still read 'On holds shelf' until you check the items in. If you use this method, you do not need to use the 'Clear Holds Shelf' Checkin Modifier, you can just check the books in as normal.
- If you use the 'Clear Holds Shelf' Checkin Modifier, be sure to disable the modifier before checking in other books. (On the Check In screen, press the Checkin Modifiers button on the bottom-right of the screen and select Clear Holds Shelf to remove the checkmark.)