GLASS Patron Profile
GLASS (Georgia Library for Accessible Statewide Service) provides library material in various formats (such as talking book cartridges and Braille) to people who are unable to read or handle standard printed material as a result of temporary or permanent visual or physical disabilities. Certain PINES library materials not traditionally provided by GLASS (namely, large print books and DVDs with descriptive audio tracks) are eligible for free home delivery via the United States Postal Service’s Free Matter for the Blind program. GLASS and PINES are now working together to provide eligible PINES materials to GLASS patrons via mail using this program.
The GLASS patron profile in PINES is effective as of December 8, 2014.
For more information:
- Written Instructions for PINES Staff
- Video Overview for PINES Staff
- Instructions for Cataloging Talking Book Players
- Instructions for GLASS Staff: Retargeting a hold when an item isn't eligible for free mail delivery
- PINES Circulation Policies and Procedures Manual
- Learn More About GLASS
- Learn More About the USPS Free Matter Service