Grouping and Ungrouping Patrons
Grouping patrons together provides a convenient way to access all of a family's accounts quickly rather than looking them up one by one.
If a new account is cloned from an existing account (for example, a child cloned from the parent account), they will be automatically grouped. The instructions here explain how to manually group and ungroup patrons.
Set a Group's Lead Account
- Make sure the lead (usually a parent or adult in a family group) account is up-to-date and valid.
- Edit the lead account and check the “Is Group Lead Account” check box.
- If a parent wishes his or her email address to be added to their children’s records so that the parent will receive the preminder and overdue notices, copy the email address.
Add a Patron to a Group
- Open the lead account.
- Click the Group tab in the top-right portion of the screen.
- Click the box below the window for “Group Member Details.” (The bottom portion of the screen will display this user’s information as well as anyone in the group.)
- Select the lead account's line from the list.
- Click “Choose an Action.”
- Click “Move Another Patron to This Patron’s Group.”
- Scan or enter the barcode for the patron you wish to add to the group. (It may take the system a few moments to respond.)
- Confirm that they patrons are moving in the correct order (ie, Child moving into Parent’s Group).
- Click Move.
- Return to the lead account and verify that the other account was added to the group.
Remove a Patron From a Group
How to remove a patron from a group:
- Open the account to be ungrouped.
- Switch to the Group tab.
- Click the Group Member Details button.
- Select the account to be ungrouped from the list.
- Click Choose an Action then Remove Selected Patrons From The Group.
- Click OK and then OK again.
- Close and then reopen the account - the Group tab should now be empty.
- A spouse may be a member of a group.
- Adding a child to a parent’s group does not automatically update the child’s address.
- Children are not automatically removed from a family group when they turn 18.
- There are no PINES circulation policies or restrictions specifically pertaining to groups.