How to Add an Image to a Receipt
You may add your library logo, a Summer Reading graphic, or other promotional image to your receipts. (Disclaimer: This will not work properly on older dot-matrix printers. Please test with one of your printers on one workstation before adding to all of your workstations.)
- Select the image you wish to use.
- Resize the image to a nicely printable size.
- You may need to experiment on the best size for your receipt printer. 200 pixels wide is a good starting point.
- If you do not have a graphics editor, there are numerous free-to-use online graphics editors such as lunapic or pixlr (GPLS does not officially endorse the use of any particular graphics editor).
- Upload the image to your own web server and note the image path (for instance, http://pines.georgialibraries.org/sites/default/files/PINESLogo.gif).
- In the Evergreen Staff Client, edit the receipt you wish to add the image to (Admin > Workstation Administration > Receipt Template Editor).
- Add the image to the chosen receipt's header or footer with the following format: <img src="my image path" />.
- Example: <img src="http://pines.georgialibraries.org/sites/default/files/PINESLogo.gif" />
- Click Save Locally.
- Repeat for each of the receipts you wish to add the image to. You may export the entire set of receipt templates to a flash drive or network drive and import them to each other workstation you wish to add the images to. Or, if you are using the "includes" feature for receipts, you may add your image link there.
If you do not have access to a web server to load your image, you may be able to store the image locally on each workstation and use a local path in this format:
(In place of the URL, use "file:///" and then the local computer's directory path.)
Keep in mind that if you choose to do this, you should test it first on each type of machine and operating system you are using, and if you ever wish to change the image file, you'll need to change it on each workstation individually.