Please contact Terran McCanna (email@example.com) if you have any questions or to request a future training session on a particular topic at your library system.
- February 23-24, PINES Copy Cataloging (CAT1) Training
- March 13-14, PINES Mini-Conference
- March 30, Linked Data Webinar
- April 12-13, Original Cataloging with RDA (Books)
GPLS - Atlanta Office
The PINES team presents several 2-to-3 day training sessions on various PINES-related topics in different parts of the state each year. As new Mini-Conferences are scheduled, the dates and registration information will be posted here and will be distributed to the PINES mailing lists. For more information, please contact Terran McCanna, PINES Program Manager: 404-235-7138 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
PINES Mini-Conferences May Include Topics Such As:
- Advanced Reports
- Advanced Searching (or, Why do searches return what they do?)
- Introduction to Cataloging Concepts for Non-Catalogers
- Circulation Best Practices and Policy
- Computer Troubleshooting for Non-Technical People
- Local Administration
- Problematic Circulation Transactions
- Using the Standalone
There are two levels of cataloging training:
- CAT1 Training
This copy cataloging course is required for all PINES CAT1 level catalogers. Permission from the Library Director is required for any PINES staff member to obtain CAT1 permissions.
- Original Cataloging (RDA)
This course is recommended for catalogers who are experienced copy catalogers and who need to do original cataloging. This course uses the RDA standard; the AACR2 standard is no longer taught by GPLS. This course is open to PINES CAT1 users as well as catalogers from Georgia's independent public library systems.
Both of these courses are scheduled as needed. To request that one of these courses be scheduled, please contact Bin Lin, PINES Cataloging Specialist: 404-235-7139 or email@example.com.
- PINES Tutorials (YouTube Playlist)
- Written instructions on specific topics are in Documentation.
- Evergreen Indiana has posted useful Staff Training Documents
- GPLS provides occasional real-time online training sessions through WebEx.
- Training on a variety of topics is available on-demand through GLEAN.