The PINES team plans to present several 2-to-3 day training sessions on various PINES-related topics in different parts of the state each year. As new Mini-Conferences are scheduled, the dates and registration information will be posted here and will be distributed to the PINES mailing lists. For more information, please contact Terran McCanna, PINES Program Manager: 404-235-7138 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Class Sessions Will Include Topics Such As:
- Advanced Reports
- Advanced Searching (or, Why do searches return what they do?)
- Introduction to Cataloging Concepts for Non-Catalogers
- Circulation Best Practices and Policy
- Computer Troubleshooting for Non-Technical People
- Local Administration
- RDA Toolkit
- Using the Standalone
Upcoming Locations and Dates for PINES Mini-Conferences:
- April 7-8, 2014: St. Simons Island Public Library, St. Simons Island, Marshes of Glynn Libraries (registration now open)
- May 12-13, 2014 (PINES Annual Membership Meeting): Warner-Robins, Macon
- June 18-19, 2014: Neva Lomason Memorial Library, Carrollton, West Georgia Regional Library
- July 9-10, 2014: Augusta Richmond-County Public Library, Augusta, East Central Georgia Regional Library
- November 12-13, 2014: Decatur County Library, Bainbridge, Southwest Georgia Regional Library
Additional Scheduled Training Locations and Dates:
Please contact Terran McCanna (email@example.com) to request a future training session on a particular topic at your library system.
- March 17, 2014: KPAC Overview (Newton County Staff Day)
- March 28, 2014: Circulation Policy and Best Practices (Okefenokee Regional Library System Staff Day)
- May 28, 2014: Introduction to Cataloging Concepts for Non-Catalogers (Leesburg, Lee County Library System - Staff from other libraries will be welcome)
To request Cataloging Training, please contact Bin Lin, PINES Cataloging Specialist: 404-235-7139 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Circulation Training (version 2.3)
- Local Admin Training (version 2.3)
- OPAC Training (version 2.3)
- Instructional videos on specific topics may also be found along with written instructions in the Documentation.
- Evergreen Indiana has posted useful Staff Training Documents
- GPLS provides occasional real-time online training sessions through WebEx.
- Training on a variety of topics is available on-demand through GLEAN.
For additional training needs, please contact Terran McCanna, PINES Program Manager: 404-235-7138 or email@example.com.