Evergreen 2.11 Upgrade (January 2017)
The next PINES upgrade is scheduled for January 2017. In order to minimize disruption, it is essential that the new version of the software is tested thoroughly. Each tester can spend as much or as little time as they have available.
In addition to the normal client and OPAC testing, we will also be testing the Circulation module of the web-based staff client that is currently under development. Testing results from the web client will be reviewed to determine whether or not the module is ready for piloting in a live environment after the upgrade.
New Staff Client
If your staff client doesn't automatically update, or if you need to install a new version, you can download it here.
Video for Library Staff:
Video for Patrons:
Testing of Evergreen 2.11 will run from November 14, 2016 - December 16, 2016. Testing checklists should be submitted as soon as they are completed so that the PINES team can begin reviewing potential problems and bugs. A second round of testing for bugs that were identified and fixed during the first round will run from January 3-6, 2017.
The upgrade to Evergreen 2.11 will occur over Martin Luther King, Jr. Weekend in January, 2017:
- PINES will go offline at 6:00 p.m. on Saturday, January 14, 2017.
- All PINES services will be unavailable during the maintenance window, including the following:
- OPAC and KPAC
- Staff Client
- SIP clients (such as self-checkout stations, PC time management systems, and online content providers such as e-book services)
- During the outage, staff can access a backup copy of the OPAC at http://test.gapines.org. Keep in mind that the item status and availability may not be up to date, and any changes made on it (such as holds, renewals, patron password changes, etc.) will NOT be carried over into the live / production server because it is only a backup copy.
- During the outage, staff can also access http://next.gapines.org with the 2.11 testing client for staff training purposes only. No changes made on it will be carried over into the live / production server.
- If you plan to use the Standalone software during the outage, be sure to download the offline patron list and set up the receipt printers on all of the workstations that will use the standalone. Be sure to review the Standalone Instructions.
- PINES staff client access will resume at 6:00 a.m. on Tuesday, January 17.
- Staff clients will auto-update to 2.11 when they connect as in recent upgrades.
- If the upgrade proceeds as expected, public OPAC and SIP server access will be enabled before the end of the maintenance window
We are tracking the upgrade testing through shared checklists online: Start Now
- Library System Sign-Off Sheet for Directors
One needed from each library system. Please return by Friday, January 6, 2017.