Each provider profile represents a vendor account. Each vendor account used in the acquisitions process needs a provider profile. This profile contains information pertaining to contacting the provider, claiming, EDI, and holdings subfields. Providers can be edited should information change.
An ongoing list of vendors who offer MARC downloads and/or EDI ordering is here.
Providers must be created in the Acquisitions module before users can create purchase orders for providers.
1. Select Administration→Acquisitions Administration→Providers.
2. Click New Provider.
3. Fill in the fields. Information on specific fields is available in the Provider Profile.
4. Click Save.
A provider's address appears on printed purchase orders and invoices for that provider. Additional addresses can be added to the provider profile for providers with multiple offices.
1. Open the provider you would like to add an address to.
2. Click New Provider Address. A pop-up will appear.
3. Enter a name for the address in the Address Type field.
4. Fill in the address details. Required fields are:
5. Check the box next to “Is Valid?” if the address is valid.
6. Click Save.
The names of contacts and their specific contact details can be added to providers.
1. Open the provider you would like to add a contact to.
2. Click the Provider Contact tab.
3.Click New Contact. A pop-up will appear.
4. Enter the name of the contact, the contact's role, email, and phone number in the respective fields.
5. Click Save.
6. Click Reload.
Addresses can be attached to specific contacts.
1. Open the Provider Contact tab.
2. Click New Contact Address further down the page. A pop-up will appear.
3. In the Type field, enter the type of address for your contact.
4. From the Contact drop down menu, select the ID number of your contact.
5. Fill in the address details. Required fields are:
6. Check the box adjacent to “Is Valid?” if the address is valid.
7. Click Save.
Provider information can be updated at any time.
1. Select Admin→Acquisitions Administration→Providers.
2. If needed, use the Filter to locate the desired provider.
3. Click the hyperlinked name of the provider you would like to edit.
4. Make your changes in the top half of the Provider Details screen.
5. Click Save.
Before a provider can be deleted, any additional addresses, contacts, attribute definitions, and holdings subfields must be deleted first. You are then able to delete the provider on the Provider List page by checking the box adjacent to the provider's name and clicking Delete Selected.
You can only delete providers if no purchase orders have been assigned to them.
Not currently in use by PINES libraries.
Holding subfields are used with a 962 Holdings Tag to allow you to specify subfields within the holdings tags to which your provider adds holdings information. There is no way to globally set holdings subfields; they are done on each individual provider profile.
1. To set these, go to a specific provider (Administration > Acquisitions Administration > Providers) and click the hyperlinked name of the provider you want to add 962 information to.
2. On the provider header information, be sure that 962 is listed in the Holdings Subfield field. If not, add it, and then click the Save button.
3. From the tabs inside the provider, click the Holdings Subfield tab.
4. To add a subfield, click the New Holding Subfield button. That will pop up this window:
This is where you're going to specify which subfields Evergreen uses to look for the price / quantity / branch / etc. when you upload your carts. You must follow the letters below, or your carts will not import the info correctly.
5. Choose the attribute you're starting with (like Quantity) and choose it from the list. Then enter the appropriate letter in the Subfield field, and hit Save.
6. Repeat the process until you've finished adding all of your holdings subfields.
1. Open a provider.
2. Click on the Invoices tab.
3. All invoices for the provider will display. Use the column headers to sort. Use the hyperlinked Back and Next to advance through the pages of invoices. You can click on the hyperlinked name of an invoice to view it.