Add this page to your book
Remove this page from your book
Acquisitions Question & Answer
Order any items that are not going to be cataloged in a separate purchase order (and separate vendor cart) from items that will be cataloged. In your non-cataloged PO, you can simply create brief records and input the name of the item, purchase price, assign your fund, and choose Activate Without Loading Items. This will allow you to track the purchase, the receipt of the item, and when it's invoiced without creating copies in the catalog.
- Create your cart on your vendor's website.
- Upload the file through Load MARC Order Records.
- Search for your purchase order by ordering agency and creation time (date).
- Wait until all the lineitems on your purchase order say “catalog” and not “link to catalog.”
- Make sure all your copies have quantity, branch, shelving location, circ mod, fund, and price info. Add it if they don't.
- When items come in, mark them as received.
- When you receive your printed invoice from the vendor, if it's an EDI vendor then search for the invoice in Acquisitions.
- If it's not an EDI vendor, create the invoice.
- Make sure all the prices on your vendor invoice and Acquisitions invoice match; and that all the items on the invoice have been received.
- Save and close the invoice.