Add this page to your book
Remove this page from your book
Coding publication dates: a summary
1. If there is a publication date found on the piece in hand (i.e. published in 2018), code your date as:
264 _1 , ǂc 2018.
2. If there is no publication date, and a copyright date is found on the piece (i.e. copyright or ©2018), infer a pub. date from it, and code your dates as:
264 _1 ǂc 
264 _4 ǂc ©2018
3. If there is no publication date and no copyright date, look for a first printing date (i.e. May 2018 first printing), infer a publication date from the first printing date, and code your date as:
264 _1 ǂc 
4. If there is no publication date, no copyright date, and no first printing date, infer a publication date from any printing date on the resource (i.e. May 2018 printing), code your date as:
246 _1 ǂc [2018?]
5. If there is no publication date, no copyright date, and no first printing date anywhere on the resource; but, on the last inside page of a book, there is a phrase similar to “Made in USA May 2018, Charleston, SC.” This is likely the first printing (manufacture) date, and we code the publication date as in #3 above.